needlebanner

Rows of Purls

Begin to weave and God will give you the thread.--German Proverb

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Shopping in Seoul!





Sunday morning I left for a three day, ladies only, shopping trip to Seoul. Once we arrived in Seoul, we took in a few sights, checked into the hotel and then headed for the night markets. The night markets open at 10:00 pm and are open all night. At one of the first markets we visited, I purchased a dress form. I was a little hesitant about purchasing it because I didn't want to carry it around all night. However, at such a great bargain, I couldn't pass up the opportunity. We continued shopping until 3:00 am and then decided to call it quits. The highlight of my shopping trip was visiting Dongdaemun Shopping Complex. This five story shopping center is a bargain shoppers dream. There was an entire level for housewares, linens, fabric and many types of handcrafts. Of course my favorite section was the fiber arts. I purchased, at 75% off retail, 7 pairs of Addi needles in sizes 2.0 - 5.0 and a stitch holder. Since I became overwhelmed with the seemingly endless isles of yarn, I decided to plan my strategy and purchase yarn when I return next month.

16 Comments:

  • At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks Andrea for the comment on the halter top. Your shopping trip sounds like a dream....I can't believe those Addis were so inexpensive! Wow.

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger Celia said…

    The trip sounds like lots of fun. I can't believe the Addi's are so cheap there. Glad you got some good deals.

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Jackie said…

    How i wish i were there !

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger WandaWoman said…

    Wow, that's an awesome shopping place. Glad you had fun and it sounds like a good strategy to shop for yarn later so you don't go too overboard.

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger handknit168 said…

    Wa, so many things to buy even upto the midnight. It is crazy.

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said…

    Oh my gosh...I am going to have to visit that place. I'm applying (with a couple of friends) to teach English in South Korea in the fall (we are still in the application process). What are yarn prices like there? What kind of yarn do they have (natural or acrylic)?

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger bluey said…

    wow i nvr knew there are so many yarns in Dongdaemun Shopping Complex.

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Mimi said…

    oh you found the market! How fun is to shopping there. I wish I was there too. :D
    I remember the yarn section was an adjacent building, maybe there is a new section in the market?

     
  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger Tracy Batchelder said…

    I wonder how they can sell everything as such a huge discount? I love a good bargain!

     
  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger Nik said…

    YOu crossed my mind today and I just wanted to peek in and say hello. I must add, though, that I am quite jealous the night market...'specially with the 75 percent off of some addis.

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger Andrea said…

    I think your shopping trip is a yarn lover's dream. I'm jealous. I would not have known what to buy first, and the addi's. What an awesome price.

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello.......are you there? Hoping everything is okay, I haven't seen you post in a while.....

     
  • At 1:04 AM, Blogger Craftlover said…

    wow,I want to go there too, seems like they have LOTS OF GOODIES THERE! :)
    you are lucky that you got some goodies :D

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Offshore Wife said…

    Andrea,
    Are you still in Okpo? We are starting a knitting circle here. I am thinking it will start sometime mid November and be held at the foreigner's club if you are interested email me.
    hl_n_poole at yahoo dot com
    Nicole

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger WandaWoman said…

    Just wondering if you are ok? Haven't seen you post in quite some time.

     
  • At 5:03 AM, Anonymous Sarah said…

    wonderful shopping place. Thanks for telling us about it I will visit soon and comment back later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home