needlebanner

Rows of Purls

Begin to weave and God will give you the thread.--German Proverb

Monday, November 27, 2006

This One's For You, Son!


Actually the scarf is for my son's fiance. A few weeks ago my son purchased this book, Speed Knitting, for me. This was around the time his fiance asked me to knit a scarf for her. So I thought I would honor my son by knitting one of the projects from this book, classic skinny scarf, for his fiance. The patterns in this book are easy and great for whipping up quick gifts.

I used three hanks of Blue Sky Bulky on size 17 needles. Although the yarn does shed, 50% Alpaca/50 %Wool, I absolutely love it's thickness and warmth.



Another sweater completed with the help of my Korean friends. After completing two sweaters and a handbag, there doesn't seem to be too much of a language barrier. However, most of the patterns are written in chart form, similar to the Japanese charted patterns. I now find Korean charted patterns much easier to follow compared to the written patterns.

10 Comments:

  • At 1:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, I absolutely looooove that sweater! Gorgeous! It's a Korean pattern? What about the yarn? Is it also from Korea?

     
  • At 4:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Another great sweater! Was this one also designed by the yarn shop owner?

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Beautiful sweater! and it fits really well.

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger jae said…

    Your sweater is absolutely gorgeous, golden colored and nice neat patterning, fits like a dream. Great Knitting!

     
  • At 1:57 AM, Blogger Nik said…

    That sweater looks beautiful and professionally finished. I love the waist shaping details.

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Judy said…

    Absolutely beautiful! The color and fit is perfect. Your talent is inspiring.

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Mimi said…

    The scarf looks so cozy, your son must be very proud of you!
    The sweater has a great fit! I like the knitting charts as well.

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love your knitting, beautiful work.

     
  • At 3:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like the sweater - especially the edge of it! What is the pattern? I'd like to knit it in 1 piece in the round.

    Great knitting. Glad that I came across your blog.

    knit on!

     
  • At 4:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, the sweater is lovely! What great work. The scarf is very nice too. How do you like the Blue Sky?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home