needlebanner

Rows of Purls

Begin to weave and God will give you the thread.--German Proverb

Sunday, September 17, 2006

On The Needles Too long

After careful consideration, I have vowed not to start another project until I have completed all, or at least three, of these projects. It's so tempting and my fingers are just itching to start a new project, especially since I have received the ball winder and umbrella swift I ordered a month ago. Maybe I should put myself on a time schedule with a goal of completing small sections of each project.

This throw has been on the needles since May. My daughter wanted me to knit something for her to snuggle with at boarding school. Well, school started two weeks ago and I have not completed the throw. I think I'll concentrate on knitting this one more than the others, and have it completed when she returns from school next Friday.

Guinevere, out of wrap style, has been on the needles the longest. I fact, I am ashamed to admit just how long it's been on the needles. It's three-fourths complete, but I have lost interest in completing it.

This sweater is the most recent project. The back is completed and the front is more than half complete. I am knitting it at the LYS here in Korea. The pattern (chart) is in Korean, and no one at the shop speaks English. It's a little challenging but fun trying to understand the pattern. I enjoy knitting with the ladies because, even though I don't understand most of what they are saying, they are respectful, fun, helpful, I learn new techniques and I have the opportunity to share accessories from the US with them. At the shop, the owner always cooks a little something to share with the ladies. I enjoy trying their food, although I can't identify most of what I am eating. Their food is very delicious and healthy, and I have even lost a few pounds since changing my diet.

Lana has also been on the needles for a while. The pattern is out of Jaeger 35. The back of the sweater is completed, with a small flaw on the left side....I didn't have the heart to frog. I have started knitting this one again with hopes of completing the right front by the end of the week.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger Tracy Batchelder said…

    I think we all have a few projects on needles. Good luck with finishing yours, especially the throw. It will be such a great surprise for your daughter to come home to.

     
  • At 2:15 AM, Blogger Judy said…

    Hi Andrea, thanks for checking up on me. I'm working on a crochet project, but not at the fever pace and passion as before....I wonder if I'll get out of this slump? Keep up the good work on your projects.

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They all look lovely. I really like the bottom one! Can't wait to see the completed photos.

    We won't talk about how many UFO's I have! ;)

     
  • At 2:18 AM, Blogger Judy said…

    Hi Andrea, thanks for the encouragement, it's so nice to know that you and others are checking up on me.

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Jackie said…

    Its nice to have lot of UFOs, then nothing at all !!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home