needlebanner

Rows of Purls

Begin to weave and God will give you the thread.--German Proverb

Friday, July 07, 2006

Little Sunshine Bereavement Set


I just completed my first bereavement set for the Lucy Ladybug Knit-Along. This charity knit-along provides burial clothing to hospitals in Utah for premature and full term babies. Little Sunshine is for a 1-3 pound baby girl. The dress pattern was designed by Mary Glynn for Heavenly Angels in Need. The pattern is simple and can be easily altered for a different look. I decided to include a pair of socks, instead of booties. The sock pattern is also by Mary Glynn. To complete the set, I plan to knit an angel and then it's off to the post office.

7 Comments:

  • At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is so beautiful!

    Good to see you posting. I was wondering how you were doing.

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said…

    that is a beautiful gown, a family will be happy to have such a small gown at such a hard point in their lives....

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Tracy Batchelder said…

    I love this gown! It's one of my favorite patterns. Great work! I know it will be appreciated!

     
  • At 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lovely I'm glad you shared with all of us. What a nice gift. I look forward to seeing your next project.

     
  • At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is really beautiful. And a beautiful cause too.

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said…

    That is beautifully made and I am sure the family whose child it clothes will receive comfort in knowing that a stranger took time and love to make a buiral set for an unknown baby. God bless you.

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger Jackie said…

    So sad !!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home