needlebanner

Rows of Purls

Begin to weave and God will give you the thread.--German Proverb

Monday, May 08, 2006

It's My Party!

The Birthday tradition in our family is to celebrate with an early morning party. We wake up the birthday person with the appropriate number of licks, sing happy birthday, give gifts and eat cake. This year, I assumed we would forgo the cake because traditional cake and party supply pickings are slim here in South Korea. Well, little did I know, my husband and daughter were planning behind my back. After my husband's jog, he went over to the Paris Baquette and purchased a birthday cake and candles and hid them in the refrigerator. This morning I awoke to, you guessed it, the whole nine yards. This may not be the best place to find cake and party supplies, but it sure is a great place to find gifts. Yesterday, we visited the Akoya Pearl farm and museum in Tongyeong. You guessed it!
Happy Birthday to me!


Today is Parents' Day in South Korea. Last night, one of our Korean friends came over and surprised us with flowers.

9 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Happy Birthday.

     
  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger Nik said…

    happy b-day. i trust that you had an amazing time.

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi, just drop a note to you to say hi and happy belated birthday.

    your tea swap pal.

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said…

    Happy Birthday!

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger jae said…

    very happy birthday to you...live it up (with yarn and knitting garb--and tea, of course)

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi, Just want to check with you , have you received your package yet? I have send it quite a while a ago together with other post to U.S, and they already received it a week ago.

    your tea swap pal

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh.. I send it out from asia, you should be received it early than others

    your tea swap pal

     
  • At 6:46 AM, Blogger Andrea said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger Andrea said…

    My husband received the package and was tempted to open it. I have been in the US for almost a month, with limited internet access. I will be returning to Korea this week and cannot wait to open my package and display my goodies on my blog. Thanks for mailing it early.

    Andrea

     

Post a Comment

<< Home